University of Leeds
A purpose-built £26 million new library facility for the University of Leeds provides nearly 1000 extra library seats for students, together with 6800 linear feet of book stock, flexible training facilities, break out areas for quiet study, dedicated IT and media zones, on-site support and cafe.
Constructed by leading UK contractor, Shepherd Construction, following supportive funding from the University alumni and a gift of £9 million from Lord Irvine Laidlaw, the newly named Laidlaw Library boasts tremendous environmental credentials and has achieved a BREEAM “Excellent” status.
The modern, colour choices and feature inserts in the floor finishes complement the overall interior design with central atrium for this landmark project.
- Shepherd Construction Ltd
- ADP Architects
- 60,000 sq ft
- Interface Heuga 568 Carpet Tiles
- Interface Common Ground
- Unify Carpet Tiles
- Milliken DNA Carpet Tiles
- Burmatex Up and Down Carpet Tiles
- Interface Urban Retreat 501 Planks
- Polyflor 2000 PUR
- Polyflor Modena
- Altro Maxis Suprema Vinyl
- Forbo Flex Luxury Vinyl Tiles
- Gradus Boulevard Barrier Matting