Queen's Centre for Oncology and Haematology
Castle Hill Hospital
Subtly and expertly designed by HLM Architects, this ecologically sensitive site has been transformed by Shepherd Construction Ltd to harness the surrounding countryside in providing a tranquil setting for patients undergoing their cancer treatment and care.
Benefitting from intimate walled gardens, glazed walkways and nine courtyards, almost all 800 rooms overlook gardens or landscaping.
The £70 million PFI development has become a UK Centre of Excellence, and has used an innovative approach to overcome the problem of unsightly concrete encased Linac treatment bunkers, by burying them deep into the surrounding sloping site, reducing the amount of concrete used and preserving the natural setting.
- Shepherd Construction Ltd
- HLM Architects
- 216,000 sq ft
- Forbo Nairn Marmoleum Dual Linoleum
- Forbo Nairn Marmoleum Fresco Linoleum
- Forbo Nairn Marmoleum Real Linoleum
- Polyflor 2000 PUR Vinyl
- Polyflor Forest FX Vinyl
- Altro Timber Vinyl
- Altro Smooth Ethos Vinyl
- Tarkett Granit Multisafe Vinyl
- Tarkett Safetred Dimensions Vinyl
- Tarkett Granit AS (Anti Static) Vinyl
- Interface Chenelle Warp Carpet Tiles